Holiday appropriate blogging begins now.
The Top 10 Things I’m Thankful For:
10. I’m thankful that I live in a state where snow is not only foreign, it’s downright illegal!
9. I’m thankful that I’ve maintained a consistent weight and size for most of my adult life, allowing me to make the same fashion statement for over three decades — one of these days, I’ll be the cool one!
8. I’m thankful that I’ve been so healthy as to avoid any major illness or injury for my first 50 years — meaning everything will be fresh and new to me when I do start falling apart!
7. I’m thankful that I maintained my health and made a lot of money working so I could quit early and take up writing!
6. I’m thankful that I maintained my health since I made so little money writing I may have to take up working!
5. I’m thankful that I find humor everywhere around me; especially in myself!
4. I’m thankful that I still look at the world with the wonder and appreciation of a child!
3. I’m thankful that #4 and #5 is most likely why most kids have fun with me!
2. I’m thankful that although my family is small, I have wonderful close friends who have made me feel part of their families!
1. And #1, I’m thankful I didn’t fall into the tired cliche of doing a sappy and sentimental holi…oh darn!
1B. I’m thankful that no one else is perfect either!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!