I’m equal parts excited and frightened about this trip.
The excitement should be obvious, even to a non-baseball fan: 39 stops, 37 cities, 27 states and 2 countries. Most of which I’ve never visited before.
The fear is, well, all of the above.
– Driving a brand new car across unknown roads into strange locations for a long, long time.
– So many games will be in colder evenings than my Florida blood is comfortable with.
– So much of the trip hangs on good luck with weather
– So many long drives in between stadiums
– So many strange beds and so little time to sleep in them
– And so much time away from home.
I’ve mentioned that my longest road trip ever was 9 days. Nine. And I was so ready to come home by day 8 1/2.
This is going to be 73. To paraphrase the movie Airplane, “I don’t know when I’ll get home, but I won’t smell too good, that’s for sure.”